‘Blog’ came from the words ‘web log’ back in the day and it can be described as online journalism. It’s a post on your website, it’s an article or piece of content that you create and publish online. It’s sharing of information, it allows interaction and is designed to engage the reader.
Why should I bother?
Show your expertise, drive traffic to your website, convert that traffic into leads, warm up those leads and turn them into new customers. There’s a few reasons that should convince you.
Business blogging is becoming more popular and sets to increase in the future. Businesses that blog regularly receive more leads that those who don’t.
Blogging costs nothing but your time but can give you a fantastic return on investment. It has amazing SEO benefits and the right content will attract the right type of leads for your business.
According to Hubspot
· B2B marketers that use blogs receive 67% more leads than those that do not
· Marketers who have prioritised blogging are 13x more likely to enjoy positive ROI.
· By 2020, customers will manage 85% of their relationships without talking to a human.
· Companies who blog receive 97% more links to their website
· Blogs have been rated as the 5th most trusted source for accurate online information.
· Articles with images or video get 94% more views.
· 81% of online consumers trust information and advice from bloggers
· 61% of consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog
How to Blog well – Some Tips
· Identify your customers problem and then write about that solution
· Have a great headline, catch their interest
· If you are an expert in your field, then make sure you show this expertise
· Inform your audience and educate them
· Keep their interest by entertaining and engaging
· Get your tone of voice right for your brand
· Don’t do the hard sell – but do have a call to action
Source for Statistics : Hubspot 2016